Thursday 5 March 2015

University update

University life…where do I start? Its now been 5 weeks since I started my course and already I've had 2 assignments, probably the most hectic timetable on campus which happens to change every week and some pretty embarrasing encounters that simply cannot be shared on the internet!  On the bright side, there are some things that get me through the long days and that I absolutely cannot live without. So lets start at the beginning of the day shall we?

When it comes to deciding what to wear in the morning, theres actually no time to decide, thats the problem. My motto is "comfort over fashion" any day of the week and that is exactly what you'll see me wear, typically jeans and a cosy jumper dress. And to top that off, a comfortable and practical shoe is an absolute must, especially since I have a lot of clinical sessions too. My go to pair are these super comfortable slip ons from Kurt Geiger which are unfortunately sold out but you can purchase similar ones from Topshop and Asos and pretty much any shop on the high street.



So I get to uni surprisingly on time (most days) and make it through the first three hours of lecture. Most people have a lot of free time between lectures, but me? Nope! Like I mentioned my busy long day it includes a few two hour lectures sandwiched together which means do I get time to eat in between? Obviously not, resulting in me constantly having to snack while I'm in lecture. My favourite foods to nibble on are fresh fruit pots especially blueberries and nuts, pretzels etc. Conveniently my favourite snacks come ready packed which I just have to pop in my bag and thats enough to keep a lazy girl like me happy. You can get these ready made snack pods from Graze , I would definitely reccomend to check their website out. The first box if you sign up is free and if you use my code HABEEB7XB you can get your 1st, 5th and 10th box free. The best thing about it is you can cancel at any time, so even if you try it for the  first time, and don't like it much, just cancel your orders. Its as simple as that! 







And finally lets talk about hydration. Water. Yes, believe it or not some people don't even carry a water bottle around with them which I find slightly horrifying. Ok maybe the wrong word choice but you know what I mean. I was one of those people who found it extremely hard to concentrate and would get tired half way through the day. I would complain to my parents that there was something wrong with me and my mum said that it was simply because I wasn't drinking as much water as I should have been. And she was absolutely right. Right, heres a quick science lesson; your brain is made up of 85% water and in order for it to function efficiently, it requires abundant access to water. The reason why it is important to drink plenty of water throughout the day for optimal brain function is because your brain does not have any way to store water.  When your body loses more water than you are replacing, dehydration will kick in and brain function will be affected. Amazing right? So if you don't already, always keep a water bottle on you and try to drink at least 1.5 litres a day. I find it easier to drink water which has added flavour. Its so simple to make, just fill up your regular water bottle and add slices of lemons, limes, cucumbers, mint leaves or whatever fruit/veg you fancy. 









Until next time folks. 

Habeebah xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment