Thursday 7 May 2015

April favourites


This month I finally got round to trying out a few new products that I recently discovered and others that were recommended to me. So without waffling on, let me get straight to it. 

Starting with skincare a new product that I picked up on my travels is the D'aveia Moisturising cream especially designed for people with dry and dehydrated skin like me. Not only does my skin need hydration all year round, but more so in the summer time and this cream is perfect for my face since it lasts all day and doesn't need reapplying when I wash my face throughout the day. 

Moving onto the Garnier self-heating sauna face mask which is conveniently on offer at the moment in Superdrug and it comes as a pack of 2. I'm sure we've all seen an advertisement where the woman's (or man's) face is completely transformed and suddenly they have super clear skin after using a face mask, and obviously thats absolute rubbish! But this face mask definitely does what it says on the pack, it completely mattify's the skin and cleans it by removing dead skin cells and dirt off the surface of the skin. You can really see a difference in your skin after using it, hence why I keep repurchasing it. 

So I'm one of those people who hardly ever wears foundation mainly for 2 reasons. Firstly because I still haven't found a good foundation that suits my skin and secondly I have to admit I don't know how to apply it as well as other people do. Even though I've watched tons of YouTube videos, blending my foundation is something I just cannot seem to perfect. Anyway a product that has helped to make this process much easier is the Rimmel lasting finish primer. It helps foundation last much longer but best of all blend easily too.

Last on skincare is my new make-up removal routine products from The Body Shop. I was recommended this duo by a friend of mine who says its her holy grail, so obviously I had to try it out! The Camomile silky cleansing oil that I usually use when I have a bit more make-up on my face, on those mascara and liquid liner days. It immediately melts away your makeup and you only need to rub gently and still it removes every trace of make-up and dirt off your face. Then taking a face cloth soaked in warm water I wipe off the oil and dirt off my face. The sensation of a warm cloth on your face at the end of a long tiring day is just indescribable, its seriously like giving yourself a 30 second facial in the bathroom. So soothing and relaxing! And for the days where I'm not wearing much make-up probably just eyeliner I use the camomile gentle eye make-up remover to get rid off the traces of eye make-up off. It's super gentle, non-irritating and gets the job done in a single sweep. 

Another product I've been loving is the Zoella Beauty Soak Opera bath soak which is such a great quality bubble bath. Run a hot bath and pour a capful of this into your bathtub and it creates so many bubbles. Ive had this for so long and only half of the bottle is used up even though I've had tons of bath with it. So perfect for those sunday pamper evenings which is becoming a regular thing for me!

Moving on, 2 products that need a quick mention. The first being this Nip and Fab yoga blend hand cream. I bought it as part of a trio, but the lavender and coconut is my favourite scent. My hands get extremely dry from constantly using alcohol gel on the wards and so this has been my saviour since its a great size to keep in my pocket and ensure my hands stay moisturised. The second product is the Beverly Hills perfect white black toothpaste which I'd heard was great at naturally whitening your teeth, exactly what I needed to get rid of the coffee stains off my teeth. Ive noticed a fairly good change in my teeth after using it a few times and it definitely has a great fresh taste to it.

And last but not least my fashion favourites starting off with this absolutely gorgeous hand embroidered clutch that I picked up from Portugal. I've wanted a clutch like this for ages and because they're usually made in India, they cost a fortune to buy in England. But finally I found this one and have pretty much been wearing it every time I go out since it instantly brings any outfit to life. Also, how cool are my new flash lens sunnies that I got from Primark for ONLY TWO POUNDS!! Yes, only £2. I'd seen some very similar ones from Ray-ban that were way more expensive so obviously I was over the moon when I found these. Super cool, super fun to wear. Love them!

So, hope you enjoyed this months favourites, hats off to you for reading the entire post which I know was super long. Let me know if you buy or try anything mentioned here, would love to hear from you.

Habeebah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment