- 2 cups rice (feeds 4-6)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 cm piece root ginger
- 1 green chilli (finely sliced)
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- a knob of butter
- 1 handful cashew nuts
- 15 king prawns (de-veined, head off and shelled) (I get mine from Sainsbury's)
- 4 tblsp sultanas
- 5 cardamom pods
- 2 star anise
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Freshly chopped coriander and red chilli to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 180℃. Sauté the onions, finely sliced garlic and ginger, green chilli, cashews and sultanas in 1 tblsp olive oil for 2 mins.
- Add spices and prawns. Turn the heat to a medium low and cook for 3-5 mins until the prawns turn pink. (If using ready cooked prawns, 1-2 mins is fine)
- Cook rice in salted water for 12 mins and drain.
- Add a knob of butter to prawns, rest of the olive oil, half of chopped coriander and cook for a further 5 mins. Season with salt according to taste.
- Place a layer of rice at the bottom of the dish. Next top with some of the prawns mixture. Repeat layers and then cover with foil.
- Place in the oven for 15 mins and garnish with coriander, chilli and caramelised onions.
- Finely chop 1 red onion and sauté in a pan with 1 tblsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and a dash of lime juice. Let the onions cook on a low heat until translucent.
Hope you guys try this out, send me pics if you do!