Monday 22 June 2015

A bit too personal?

So this is where things get a little personal and I share with you something that I've been wanting to post for while but just didn't think it was something anyone else cared about. I'd been seeing the various  different brands of the so-called "Teatox" on Instagram and other social media where many people including celebrities had posted their results of the 2 week or 1 month Teatox. I have to admit at first I was surprised to see how much of a difference having tea twice a day for 2 weeks made to your body. So after reading into it I finally decided to give it a go and see what all the hype was about.

The brand I tried was BooTea from Holland and Barrett (14 day) that claims to increase your metabolism and detoxify your body. The pack contains 21 teabags, so you drink one in the morning and one at night every other night. I was quite eager to try it so I had my first mugful after coming home from a night shift. And then this is the part that they don't warn you about on the box. I woke up later that day with the worst possible stomach pains, went to the toilet and lets just say I couldn't go out for the rest of the day since I had the runs. The teabags contain a laxative which I'm guessing is rather strong and starts to work around 8 hours after consuming. I was mad enough to finish the entire 14 days but not consequtive days, I missed a few days in between.

By the 7th day I noticed my belly had become flatter than what it had been at the start and I felt as though my entire body had been cleansed from the inside. And upon completion I was happy with the results, but not sure if I would do it again. One thing to bear in mind is that you cannot start the Teatox without having a balanced diet and taking part in some sort of regular exercise. Those three things combined was the only way in which I gained good results.

So the question is would I recommend it to other people? Well yes obviously! The results are amazing but on the other hand I had to use the bathroom far too often than I wanted to and kept forgetting to brew myself a mug especially in the mornings, only in the evenings did I realise I'd missed the morning one. I'll leave this for you to decide, but it definitely was worth it!

Hope this was helpful to any of you.

Habeebah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment