Saturday 13 June 2015

Almond and date power shake


This smoothie/shake is seriously the best snack I've come across since Avo-toast and I kid you not you'll be as addicted as I am from that first sip, but thats definitely a good thing because it's packed with all the good things to keep your tummy happy and satisfied. And since Ramadhan is coming up in the next few days it's a perfect 30 second Suhoor idea after all, I know I'm not the only one who wakes up for Suhoor with the intention of eating the entire contents of my fridge, but all I can manage is half a banana and a sip of water. It's packed with potassium from the banana and dates which will help your body retain water and stop you from feeling thirsty. I've also linked an article at the bottom of the page that has tons of Suhoor ideas in case you're stuck on what kind of foods you should eat that help release energy throughout the fasting day.


Ingredients (for 1):

  • 1 frozen banana 
  • 1 heaped tablespoon almond butter/or peanut butter if you prefer
  • 3 Medjool dates
  • 1 cup milk 
  • Ice (optional)

Method:
  1. Whizz up all ingredients in a blender. Enjoy!
Yes it's as simple as that! You can add your own extra ingredients like a protein powder or swap the whole milk for Almond milk but definitely give it a try. You'll thank me later!
Have a blessed Ramadhan and remember the entire Ummah in your duas especially those in need.


Habeebah xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment