Tuesday 31 March 2015

March favourites.


Yes, yes it is. The end of March already. I know. The months are going by super fast and before we know it, summer will have gone by and bam! It’ll be winter all too quickly. 
Anyway, just a quick post to share with you a few things I’ve been loving this month. 
March was a month that I didn’t get to try out any of the new and exciting things off the high street, firstly because I’m skint and secondly because I’m broke. Oh wait, thats the same thing, basically student life doesn’t have that many benefits so anyone willing to hire me? 

So, in terms of make up I’ve not been able to live without the Real Techniques contour brush and since I’ve been wearing bronzer quite a lot this month, its just the perfect brush to give a subtle and beautiful application. Along with the contour brush I’ve been using the base eyeshadow brush from the Real Techniques Nic’s picks collection, and all I can say is that I haven’t used a more simple and affordable eyeshadow brush that is so easy to blend with. Trust me when I say that the brush you use to apply make-up makes all the difference. 

The other product is probably something I’m sure everyone has in their make-up bags already, the Rimmel stay matte powder.  Apply your lipstick, dap on a little powder with your finger, then reapply your lipstick and you’ll notice not only will it mattify any lipstick you’ve chosen to wear that day, but it will last much longer than usual. Try this trick, trust me you’ll be surprised what a little dab of powder can do! 

A quick mention to my trusty old rosebud salve which has saved my lips from drying and lasts for ages. It doesn’t have to be used only on the lips, if you’ve got dry hands, patchy skin? This will definitely do the trick. 

Moving onto fashion items then, which isn’t exactly my strong point, but you may have realised I don’t exactly have the best style, some may call it unique, interesting, some have called it weird but me? I don’t really care, because dressing on a day to day basis is an art, so wear whatever you want, how you want and don’t give a crap what others think. Right back to the subject then, I’ve been wearing my wine coloured Faith heels far too much this month so they definitely deserve a mention on here. And secondly, my Afghan granny shawl which I stole off my mum that I can’t live without now. I’m writing this post from a cafe in Madrid airport waiting to board my next flight and just realised I forgot to pack my shawl with me. Great. Although it is 20C outside so I don’t think I’ll be needing it anytime soon. 

I ramble on too much don’t I? Yes I do, okay let’s get to the final thing that needs a mention in my favourites. Anklets. That’s all I have to say, do yourself a favour and go buy one. They look super pretty dangling on your ankles especially if you’re wearing sandals or low rise trainers. 

Okay then, thats all I have to share with you today. While you’re reading this I’ll be sunbathing in Lisbon and sipping on freshly squeezed orange juice!

Until next time, Ciao Amigos!


Habeebah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment